Tatkal Passport Requirements | Fees | Documents and Annexure B
A tatkal passport is a speed up procedure for passport application and renewal. It is mainly for those who need the immediate passport. Any person can apply for a tatkal passport if he or she can has a valid reason for insistence as bereavement or serious sickness of a genetic relationship. However, you don’t need to submit a proof for your urgency. Also, a person must have to pay further payments about INR 3,500 to 4,000 rupees for an instant issue or re issue passport under the scheme. Candidate requires appearing before the representative at the zonal passport office. He or she can also carry through post police verification.
In this procedure, if police verification is not mandatory the passport will be dispatched to you within twenty-four business hours. And if the police verification is needed in post passport proceeding, the passport will be transmitted after the second diurnal course.
You might also be interested in knowing these procedures:
Steps to Apply For Tatkal Passport
For applying for the tatkal passport you must have followed some steps
- Registered via online the Passport Seva Portal
- Login with your registered ID and password
- Click on the option that you need Fresh or Reissue Passport
- Login with your ID and Password
- Choose the option you need -Fresh or Re issue
- Pick the Tatkal option and click on it
- Fill the application form and submit
- You can also download the form
- Follow the payment procedure by clicking on “ Pay and Schedule Appointment”
- You can make online payment with using your Debit Card, Credit Card or internet banking
- Print the payment receipt by clicking on “ Print Application Receipt” with containing ARN(Application Reference Number)
- Book your appointment to your closest PSK
- You can also check the Tatkal appointment opening times by linking to the official Passport Seva Portal.
- Visit the RPO (Regional Passport Office) or the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) together with your original documents on the day of the appointment.
Tatkal Passport Application Fees
The fee structure for passport application under normal category and tatkal differs. Find here Passport fees details for types of applications.
|Type of Application||Normal category||Tatkal Passport category fees|
|Passport fees for fresh application or renewal with additional booklet of 36 pages||Rs. 1500||Rs. 3500|
|Passport fees for fresh application or renewal with additional booklet of 36 pages||Rs. 2000||Rs. 4000|
|Passport fees for minors or below 18||Rs 1000||Rs. 3000|
|Replacement of passport or duplicate passport (36 pages booklet)||Rs. 3000||Rs. 5000|
|Replacement of passport or duplicate passport (60 pages booklet)||Rs. 3500||Rs. 5500|
Required Documents for Tatkal Passport
An applicant of tatkal passport will require following documents for passport application. Here is a quick list of the accepted documents.
- Driving license
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- Verification certificate as per Annexure B
- Arms license
- Pension documents
- PAN Card and Bank Passbook
- Property documents
- Birth certificate
- Student ID card from a renowned institute
- Gas Connection Bill
- Certificate of ST/SC/OBC
- Service Photo ID
- ID for Freedom Fighter
What is Annexure B for Passport in India
While applying for passport under tatkal scheme, you need to submit annexure B. Annexure B is a certificate by a verifying authority regarding the reputation and good morals of the applicant. It should contain all the details like residential address, name, date of birth, and a passport size photo. The list of authorities who can issue Annexure B is given in the Annexure itself.
Check aadhar URN status online
Click here to download the Annexure B for passport application from the official website. The same is available in the PDF format.
The final take on the documents required for tatkal passport remains with the passport authorities. In the case if the authorities demand additional documents, an applicant must be able to produce it. The tatkal passport application status is available online on the passportgov.in website. You might receive your passport within a week or within 4-5 days if applied under tatkal. Stay with us to know more about online passport status tracking methods.