Online Aadhaar Card Linking with PAN Card on efiling.gov.in and Offline
Here is a way to link Aadhaar with PAN online. The deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN and bank accounts is extended to 31st March 2018. Earlier the deadline was set for 31st December 2017. The extension comes right the day before Supreme Court starts hearing on the compulsory Aadhaarr and pan linking. There is a wide criticism of the government for making it mandatory. However, since the decision might impact a lot, many of us have already linked. Many are still looking for a procedure to link PAN with Aadhaar to avoid last minute hassles
The decision of linking Aadhaar card with pan card will impact banks, post office schemes, and insurance companies. It might also cover brokerage firms. But the deadline for linking Aadhaar card number to the mobile number is February 6, 2018. Let us the step wise procedure to link Aadhaar to PAN. The procedure is a simple online way and will take few minutes.
Must read posts:
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card on Incometaxefiling Website
Although the last date for linking Aadhaar card with PAN card is extended, it is better to hurry up. Without fulfilling this procedure, your ITR might be rejected for processing.
The facility of linking PAN with Aadhaar is available on the official website of income tax department. If you are already filing ITR, your PAN must be linked with Aadhaar. If not so, follow the procedure and do it in few clicks.
Five Steps to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card
- Visit the official website of income tax department – http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Right on the homepage, you will see a list of quick links on the left sidebar.
- Click the very first links that say ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Enter all the details in the fields with Aadhaar number and PAN card number.
- Make sure you write the name exactly as per on your aadhar card.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the Link Aadhaar button.
- If your PAN is already linked to your Aadhaar you will get a message related to it.
- If your PAN is yet to be linked, you will see a form on the screen.
- Fill up the online form exactly as per your PAN card data.
- Also, enter your aadhar number and submit the form.
Once you submit the form, a message will appear on the screen saying your Aadhaar is now linked to PAN.
Hence, if you are not sure if your PAN is already linked to your Aadhaar, you can use the same procedure to confirm it.
Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card by SMS
You can link Aadhaar with PAN without internet or online. Use this below format and send it by SMS to 567678 or 56161.
- UIDPAN <aadhar number 12 digits> <PAN number 10 digits>
This facility is available free of cost. However, you will incur only the SMS charges from your mobile operator.
Manual Aadhaar Linking with PAN Card
If you are not comfortable with the online and SMs procedure, do it manually. Fill up the Form Annexure-I. Visit any service centre or any PAN service provider i.e. UTI or NSDL. Fill up the form and you can link Aadhaar with PAN after submitting it.
Supreme Court is taking up the matter for hearing petitions that are challenging the mandatory order to link Aadhaar with PAN card. The batch of petitions is protesting and challenging if the decision of the government is valid as per constitution of India. It also challenges mandatory linking of Aadhaar with many governmental schemes like LPG and others.