Documents Required For Indian Passport Application
Documents for passport is a major requirement while applying. Passport application is a super easy if you submit the documents in order. A set of complete documents speeds up the process. We have listed here all the required documents for passport application. Myepfbalance.co.in also shares procedures for renewal of passport. You will also find document require for minors’ passport and renewal.
The list we share here is a prescribed set of documents for passport. The authorities may ask for any additional document if needed. Check the list and go ahead with your fresh passport application. If you are an EPFO member, do refer to EPFO balance status article.
List of Documents Required for Fresh Passport Application
Applicants can apply for the passport under general category or tatkal. Following is the list for general category passport.
- Proof of your residential address
Any of the following documents are accepted as a proof of address.
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Phone Bill
- Gas Bill
- Passbook of your bank account
- Rental agreement if you are using a rental house (registered)
- Water bill
- Electricity Bill
- Passport of the spouse or parents
- Date of Birth Document
Any of the following documents for passport are accepted as a proof of your date of birth.
- Birth certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Certificate before a magistrate
Make sure that you carry original and copies of all the above documents at the time of appointment.
Documents for Passport – Tatkal
In the case of emergency, there is a facility of applying under the tatkal category. In the case of tatkal, you get your passport in a couple of days.
Here are the documents you will need for Tatkal passport application.
- Proof of residential address
- Proof of Date of Birth
All the above given documents are accepted as proof of address.
Documents Needed for Passport Renewal
If you are applying for renewal of your expired passport, submit these documents.
- Online application print and receipt of online payment.
- Copy of your old passport. Also, carry the original to the passport seva kendra.
- Copy of marriage certificate if you want to add your husband/wife’s name.
- Proof of residential address.
Passport authorities may ask any additional documents in support of above.
Required Documents for Passport of Minors
If the person is under 18, following list of documents for passport is a must. Parents or guardians of minors can apply for a passport with following documents.
- Proof of address in the name of the parents is accepted.
- Parents’ passport in original and self-attested Xerox copy.
- Parents should self-attest all the documents of the minor.
- Birth certificate
The government is bringing many changes to the documents for passport.Until 18 years, the minor will get a Non-ECR passport. It will not require immigration check.
There are measures to simplify the passport application process from time to time. With the mPassport seva, it is much simple to know about the passport. If you have mPassport Seva app, you will get information on documents for passport for every category.